Sunday, July 26, 2015
Monday, July 06, 2015
How to Protect Your Home From Storms This Summer
- First, fix any damage the past winter has done to your roof. You may need to replace a few shingles or you may even have to replace the entire roof. Hire a professional if you don’t know much about how to fix your own roof. You don’t want storms coming if you have damage to your roof because you may end up with damage on the inside of your house as a result.
- Check to make sure your gutters are not full of debris and leaves. During the winter months gutters tend to go un-checked. If your gutters are full, the first summer storm that comes your way will most likely cause you and anyone who enters your home to get a hat full of rain water. Take care of things like this before storm season arrives and you will be glad you did.
- Have a professional come out and check to make sure your trees are secure. Make sure the professionals cut down all trees that may have issues and get rid of any loose limbs. You don’t want tree limbs flying through the air during a summer storm.
- If you have a sump pump, make sure it is working and perhaps even get a battery powered back-up so that your pump will continue to work in the event the power goes out.
- Have a plan in place for you and your family in case of a bad storm. You may live in an area where there aren’t many bad storms but you never know when one may come about.
- Make sure that your windows are good and secure and that there are no areas in which water can get inside them. If your windows are older you may consider replacing them.
Sunday, June 28, 2015
Orlando Foreclosure Trends for May 2015
Orlando Foreclosure Activity by Month